Embedded Software Engineer
Director of Manufacturing and Engineering
We are looking for a professional Embedded Software Engineer to execute complete embedded software development lifecycle . The goal is to create scalable and optimised software systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software.
- Review code and design.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources.
- Integrate and validate new product designs.
- Support software QA and optimise I/O performance.
- Provide post production support.
- Interface with hardware design and development.
- Assess third party and open source software.
- Proven working experience in software engineering.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets.
- Solid programming experience in C or C++, and Python or PHP.
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
- Knowledge of Linux coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems.
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components.
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
- Experience accessing flash memory and read/write files.
- Experience transferring data with Bluetooth interface.
- Familiarity with multiprocessor communication.
- Experience read and writing audio files, and playing/controlling audio files.
- Experience accessing external application (phone or website) via API.
- Excellent knowledge of Arduino IDE.
- Experience with AVR and ARM architecture MCUs.
- Familiarity with synchronous and asynchronous serial communications.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Please submit resume to HR@waterfi.com.
Please include "Embedded Software Engineer" in the Subject line.