Director of Manufacturing and Engineering
Under general supervision of the Director of Manufacturing and Engineering, the Electrical Engineer designs PCBs by researching and testing components within a larger circuit to accomplish the desired functionality of a product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops wearable fitness trackers and music players
- Sources new components to prototype next generation of improved devices
- Programs Arduino compatible processors to read various sensors and write to external memory
- Tests prototype devices in simulated and real world environments
- Converts working prototypes into 4 layer PCB Gerber files using DipTrace
- Optimizes parts for battery life, cost, and ease of manufacturing
- Works with manufacturer to order assembled circuit boards for production in mass quantity while ensuring critical components are in stock for future orders
- Interacts with collaborative repository using Git
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge; possibly by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and/or participating in professional societies
- Program raw chips with bootloaders
- Develops bluetooth capabilities of devices, like over-the-air firmware updates
- Contributes to team effort by lending a hand when needed elsewhere
- A completed PCB design that has been manufactured & tested to work
- A Bachelor’s Degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical or production engineering, computing, physics or mathematics. Or equivalent technical experience
- Some programming experience, preferably with C++ or Arduino
- Relevant experience or postgraduate qualifications are beneficial
- The ability to analyze complex problems and assess possible solutions
- The ability to explain design ideas clearly
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Good budgetary skills
- Excellent teamwork and people skills
- A comprehensive understanding of electrical health and safety regulations
- Self-starting in seeking improvements to products
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Please submit resume to HR@waterfi.com.
Please include "Electrical Engineer" in the Subject line.